Monday, March 30, 2009

Bryan and Gregs Excellent (or not so) Adventure

Mission- dinner at Buca di Beppo in DC.
Status- almost a failure

So after a LONG day of interviewing, Greg and I decided to head into DC to get some dinner at Buca di Beppo, basically one of Greg's favorite places to eat. I grab directions off of Google Maps and we are good to go. Well DONT TRUST GOOGLE MAPS!. We left at 6:30, we should have arrived at 7pm, we arrived at 8pm. The directions were wrong, I thought I would get us into DC. No luck, we were on Penn. Ave in the wrong directions.

BRIGHT IDEA, call Lisa. Lisa is making risotto, she cant talk. Kitty gets out a map and gives me directions. We miss 17th street, we end up in Virginia. I eventually get us back to DC. Frustrated we find Buca di Beppo and pay for valet parking.

Dinner was good, took a lot of food home.

HOME. We had no idea how to get out of DC, we drove around for a half hour and eventually found the 295 home. It was an adventure!

3 comments:

  1. AGREED! Last week google maps got me lost in the desert on a coyote road and across the border with no passport.

    I'm glad to hear that you eventually made it there and that dinner was at least good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! as much as I love living in the same place as missy, I do miss the excellent adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete